Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Top 3 Lagos-jogging Tips from a Street-Jogging Diva

Sometime last year I decided to take much needed steps to a better physical health. I decided to own my body. So I started working out. My first advice is always to find something you enjoy doing so it doesn't feel like work. I jog, walk or run regularly even while I was pregnant I would still try to get out and get moving so this decision is not an entirely new concept to me. I really do like jogging. Not in the gym but on the streets with my head phones on and some fast paced music blaring.



If you decide to start running or jogging or walking this year, here are my top 3 things to watch out for on the streets of Lagos asides from the most obvious one being security that one is just using plain common sense.

1. Dust and Environmental elements: This is a clear and present danger. You will be exposed. The first run I had during this last harmattan season, even though I had on two shirts and all the cold felt like a knife in my chest. So you will be exposed so prepare yourself and protect yourself. I wear a scarf almost always to protect my hair from the dust. If you need to, get yourself some surgical masks. You will look like a freak but you will be protected.

2. Lagos cray-cray drivers: Drivers in Lagos are just crrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrazzyy. They don’t care oh! They are prepared to push you off the road. Correction, push you off the side of the road that bad.One of the crazys are the early-morning-walk-of-shame-dropping-the-girl-off-drivers. They are trying to park to drop her off but they don’t care if you are just doing your early morning jog. Its like they can’t wait to get her out of the car… shame.. shame.. shame… Beware of these ones. They don't even turn off the car engine so they can zoom off faster that an energizer bunny.

3.  And The last but definitely not the least .. probably my personal favorite. .. The- Wetin-Dey-Do-This-One-Sef-Look.. Yes these are the haters. They don’t know you oh. They just have this look on their face. Just wetin dey do this one sef.  This look of who does she think she is. On the average they are usually fat or ugly.. I kid you not. But I celebrate them. They should be your motivation. I even DIYed some of my tee-shirts for them to give them something to look at. This one says #sweat is sexy... I think that says a looot!





Enjoy your day... kisses! 





No comments:

Post a Comment