Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Reworking my wardrobe

Shameless splurge... the internet. internet junkie. That's me. The internet has been a trusty adviser and a very good friend, music, fashion, style, work, life .. and if i don't like what i see? I just close the page!  When i returned back to work 3 months after having T-girl and i wanted to continue bfeeding, i found a site for that ...something like 'work and pump mums' or so. I really really like the internet. I've found so so many great sites, the 33 project (that didn't work for me) and now www.puttingmetogether.com... really? it's like she's just gone into my head and put it on her site. After leaving the bank to have my babies, two things i wanted from my next jobs asides from the regular stuff was 1. be able to wear anything to work (well anything within reason) and 2. go back to engineering. Now i work in engineering, but i had been in a style rut especially since i was coming from a bank plus being at home  its two very different worlds, yes i had shed the suits and the blazers but how to work the new casual look without looking to casual. Being the only female in an all male organization probably doesn't help either. So yes i will be taking on her 'challenge', following her lead.... I already have two lessons from her.
Lesson: Make a list.
Hmm... easier said than done for me because my life transitions a lot with the kids, work, church, hubby, my crafts, but I will do it. I will write a list of what i  want to get. 
Lesson: Define my style
Because i want easy grab and go styles, i tend to stick to basics. Even though I still get to rock a skirt once in a while when i know i'm not going to site,For now i wear a lot of jeans and flats which will probably not change but i'm looking forward to infusing my wardrobe with colored jeans and accessories. I know i'm getting tired of the jeans and flats look but there's pretty much nothing i can do about that. I also like ankara prints a lot but still having a challenge of how to infuse it into my work wardrobe.

Really looking forward to my 're-working my wardrobe' project and will definitely post pictures as i go along. First stop... my wardrobe of course



No comments:

Post a Comment