Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Balogun Market version 2.0

I happened to read sisi yemmie’s post (link) on my way to Balogun to do some shopping and I thought this too much of a coincidence not to do a kind of follow up on the fabulousness of Balogun market.

If you know what you are looking for and you know where to find what you are looking for, Balogun market is much more than a market its a huge shopping centre.

I had to meet up with a couple of friends and I decided to try shopping with them but somehow it just wasn't working. I always try to cram as much as possible into one shopping trip. In-fact I think I made it home with just N200 in my purse. I tag that as a successful shopping trip and I still have my eyes on some other goodies which I’ll probably go back to get in January with my sister.
I couldn't stop around to take pictures like sisi yemmie.. Very beautiful pictures. 

Here are some of the things I got
A pair of shoes for myself and my daughter

Gardening tools: I've actually started using them


Toys for the kids (The toy section is just after the baby things section) There are like three to five big toy shops there and loads of little little shops I try to stick to the big shops. There is even a shop that stocks just inflatable toys.
No pictures of the toys as they are currently under witness protection
My son wants a skateboard, I'm still on the lookout for that

Some key shopping tips to help you discover Balogun:

  • Start early as it can get really rowdy and busy.
  • If you are not too familiar with the different shopping streets, Do take someone along that can help you the first couple of times. Bobo has actually taken me to get glasses before.
  • Take your time and have a list.
  • Always bargain, In fact you can actually walk away and then make a u-turn when you make a decision.
  • Try to dress comfortably.
  • Avoid Christmas week or any other major holiday week.
  • And yeah … you have to perfect the-shopping-in-eko-bag-protection-hold… (ask around about this)
  • And my personal tip: before going to shop, I go online to get a feel of things I'm interested in. I check sites like payless.com for shoes and walmart.com for toys. Sometimes I get lucky and get exactly what I want other times I bend a little.

Another shopping haven,The National Stadium at Surulere for sporting goods. I will definitely do a post on this sometime later.
Happy Holidays Everyone!!


No comments:

Post a Comment