Friday, March 1, 2013

Have I bitten more than I can chew?

As a sort of dare of sorts with myself and as a sort of challenge I decided to start the "Insanity Workout" 60 day challenge. This is day 8 and yes it is insaneeeee! I have to admit, I have never completed the full 45mins - 1hr workout. I started out with 15mins, the 20 mins and on and on and with a lot of rests in between to catch my breath. When i see the the caption on the screen saying "rest when needed" it cracks me up, because i'm probably resting already ! But really its not even the workouts or the rotations, its how hard my heart beats when I'm doing it, like its about to jump out of my chest!

This is my first post this year so Happy New Year! it isn't too late is it? and Happy Valentines' Day! How was it? 1st of January also happens to be my birthday. I got a Samsung Galaxy Tablet... cool! me likey! me likey very much!!
How was Vals day? Was a little bit irritated with how much emphasis the children's school put on it. I was like "really?" T-boy actually had the day off from school... like really?!! I'm so changing him from that school.  Well, I made dinner for Bobo and the kids. A real sit down dinner with candles and all the works. Fruits, Jollof rice, Coconut Rice, Smoked Chicken , Red velvet and Chocolate cake and Ice cream. Ribena for the kids and red wine for the grown ups. The kids didn't even make it to dessert!! They were so stuffed. I felt as proud as a peacock!!
My go to recipe for Jollof rice - www.sisiyemmie.com 
My go to recipe for Coconut rice - www.9jafoodie.com

In my head I have this amazing kitchen with an island, marble floors and tiles, yellow and very sunny with a dinning nook where i can chit chat with the kids while i cook and definately music so i can groove yeh! Please don't judge. Anything is possible in my head. so while i work and wait, I collect reciepies. Plus with a picky eater like T-boy it helps when i can make the stuff he likes like puff-puff and jollof rice.

So how's the year been going? This is the last month of the 1st quarter. Exciting hun? Today's also Bobo's Bday. Pretty quiet this year though.

No comments:

Post a Comment