Thursday, July 1, 2010

In the beginning......

Wow, I can't believe its been a full month now. where did the days go!!! but what an amazing month its been. I'm a mom.. me! a mummy.. wow. Even after 9 months i still didn't believe there was another human growing inside me. Did i dare dream? Did i dare believe? that this baby was going to be OK, that i hadn't done anything to jeopardize him?that i had eaten right and done all the right things and even the wrong things i had done did not harm the baby. i think that's the major reason i burst out crying in the delivery room when i held him in my arms. i still didn't believe! beyond all the theories in biology and evolution and all.... getting pregnant, having a baby is an extremely amazing experience.

So here i am one month later, and I've grown.. immensely! i still remember after the first second, seeing visions of myself with crazy hair, baby on my hip, and baby throw all over me.. i just couldn't see myself getting it together. just too many things to remember! but its 4 weeks now and 2 things I've learnt; babies are not as fragile as you think and whether anybody believes it or not, as a mum you need to figure somethings out yourself. find your own solutions.people will judge, criticize, and give you a gazillion (and mostly contradictory) pieces of advice.. but make your own way, form your own path...

A friend of mine asked me my son and i were 'bonding'? hun? bonding? what is that? when i look at him i want to get off my ass, rush out, achieve more, do more, be more, i want to create a life for him, i want him to be proud of me..so this is me creating .... ME.


P.S
Today was a day of firsts. Went for my first post baby jog. Everything was jiggly everywhere! Jiggly breast was expected so i was prepared and had padded up... but my ASS! that was very unexpected. was jiggly everywhere!
Tip #1
Master the 2 minute bath during pregnancy. Long showers? That's what spa days are for!
Tip #2
Put off the TV and email. Use your time wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment